Beginning in 2008, Darren Whitaker-Barnett and Tom Peck built a basic visitor management service called 'Locatingus Visitor Management' (Visitor Management) that effectively was a web-based version of the old visitor sign-in book.
Visitors signed in on a kiosk and recieved a visitor label. We started introducing new features and innovations into Visitor Management 24 hours after releasing it to our first user; and we haven't stopped since. By 2008 we had proven the commercial robustness of the solution, creating the service known today as WhosOnLocation.
Since then, WhosOnLocation has grown by leaps and bounds. Winning significant Government business, securing corporate sites across multiple countries, to helping construction and project management organisations manage contractor presence into and out of some of the largest construction projects around. WhosOnLocation has also been used to manage thousands of service providers into and out of prisons - a great validation of the integrity of the application and its ease of use.
From offering a basic electronic visitor management system we now offer a comprehensive people presence management service enabling organisations to track and manage employee and contractor presence, issue ID Cards, induct employees and contractors, manage multiple locations, authenticate people via photo lookups, and access real-time information about who is onsite, anywhere, anytime - all from any internet enabled device.
In essence we are delivering on our mission: “To let you know who is allowed onsite, who is coming onsite, who is onsite now, and who was onsite.”
• October: UNSW Project utilises the integrated ID Card, RFID, Security Turnstile access for contractors.
• October: WhosOnLocation adds Officemax and Seacom Guardall as Resellers in New Zealand.
• October: WhosOnLocation adds Corporate Express as reseller in Australia.
• September: 20 site Government Department goes live with Touch Screen Kiosks nationwide.
• September: We participate in Shakeout 2012. Clients use mobiEvac to verify the safety of their people.
• August: Fonterra, worlds largest Dairy Exporter, becomes a Contractor Management User.
• August: WhosOnLocation wins Red Herring Asia Top 100 Award.
• July: Launch mobiOnsite, our integrated evacuation, mobile staff presence tool for iPhone, Android, Windows.
• April: Launch mobiEvac, the worlds first visitor, employee, contractor safety verification service for iPhone, Android, Windows.
• January: Our first direct sale into the North American market.
• November: 1.5 million Visitor and Contractor traffic movements reached.
• October: New WhosOnLocation web site launched.
• September: 19-prison user goes live.
• July: Doculam, based in Cape Town, South Africa become our first Distributor in the African markets.
• June: Irish Mobile Phone company, Digicel, start using WhosOnLocation in PNG – our first Pacific Island site.
• May: Our first direct sale into the Papua New Guinea market.
• April: Support for the Oracle database is completed.
• February: Server Upgrades and mirrored server project completed. WhosOnLocation OWASP compliant.
• February: NZ earthquake. Users activate SMS Head Counts and Evac Report tools in a real-time emergency.
• December: 800,000 Visitor and Contractor traffic movements reached.
• November: (Grant Award) Locatingus wins Tech NZ Accelerator grant.
• October: WhosOnLocation deployed to large construction projects in Australia
• October: Our first direct sale into the Australian market.
• August: Magicard Distributor; Online ID Solutions become our first Distributor in Australian market.
• April: Wind Farm user reaches 70,000+ Contractor movements.
• March: Datacard Australia contract Locatingus for Event Management Add-on to 4000+ Ulysses AGM.
• December: 300,000 Visitor and Contractor traffic movements reached.
• December: Win first Mining company Contract.
• December: 100,000 Visitor and Contractor traffic movements reached.
• June: First licensed user, government department, goes live.
• April: Southern Hemispheres largest Wind Farm construction site licenses WhosOnLocation.
• February: NZ division of Tyco (ADT/Armourguard) deploy Visitor Management.